The Canadian education system has emerged as one the best in the world, with an undeniable hold in the fields of computer, healthcare and information technology. The number of international students studying in Canada is over 450,000, a figure that is constantly growing. It is actually a vast wilderness and an exciting playground for those who love the outdoors and is in fact among the 10 safest countries in the world. With the Canadian Student Visa for Burundians, you can build a network of friendships and professional connections that are likely to help you as you pursue a career. Little wonder that many Burundians are choosing Canada over other developed countries. Canadian Study Visa for Burundians.
Study Permit: This is a document issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) that allows a foreign national to study in Canada for a limited time. Most foreign nationals need a study permit to study in Canada. Make sure you have all the documents you need before you apply and send in your application before you travel.
When applying for the Canadian study visa for Burundians,
- You need to have proof of acceptance.
- Proof of your identity is absolutely important.
- Of equal importance is proof of financial support throughout your stay.
- You need an acceptance letter from a designated learning institution (DLI).
- There will be no approval without a valid passport or travel document.
- Provide proof that you can support yourself, and any family members who come with you while you’re in Canada.
Depending on your case
- You may also need a letter of explanation.
- A Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ) will be required.
- Custodian declaration for minors only is a must have.
- Other documents may also be required.
Generally, you must apply for a study permit before you go to Canada. Some people can apply for a study permit from within Canada. In some cases, you can apply when you arrive in Canada at the port of entry in two ways:
- Apply online: To apply online, you need a scanner or camera to create electronic copies of your documents, and a valid credit or debit card.
- Apply on paper: The application package includes an instruction guide and all the forms you need to fill out.
A study permit is usually valid for the length of your study program, plus an extra 90 days. This extra time lets you prepare to leave Canada or apply to extend your stay.
- If you can’t finish your courses before the date on your permit, you must apply to extend your stay as a student.
- If you finish your studies early, your permit will stop being valid 90 days after you complete your studies (no matter what day is printed on the study permit).
The visa fee for the Canadian Study Visa for Burundians is $150, though other charges may be required.
- Canadian Consulate in Bujumbura, Burundi 4708 Boulevard de l’Uprona
- TELEPHONE: (+257) 22 245 898
- FAX: (+257) 22 245 899
- EMAIL: [email