Masters Scholarships for international students at University of Pretoria in Africa
University of Pretoria hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for their 2019/2020 Masters scholarships. The scholarship which is to be taken in Africa is awarded to students of African origin.
About the Program:
The Human Rights and Democratisation in Africa (HRDA) is a one-year intensive course where 25-30 exceptional individuals spend six months in Pretoria and six months at one of the 12 partner universities all over Africa. They are taught by eminent lecturers in the field of human rights and undergo many practical training exercises.
It is the only course of its kind in Africa. Graduates become members of the HRDA Alumni Association whose 537 members are currently active in the full spectrum of human rights work: from grassroots, through civil service, to international organisations including the African Union and the United Nations.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Pretoria.
- Scholarship Type: Fully funded Scholarships
- Scholarship level: Scholarships for Masters Degree Program
- Slots: Up to 25 Fully-funded Scholarships are available
- Scholarship Worth: Full Scholarships, worth not stated
- Subject Eligibility: Please read the ‘About the Program’ section
- Country/Candidate Eligibility: Scholarships are students of African origin.
- English Language Requirement: Refer to the school admission site
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria and Basic Requirements: To be eligible for the MSc Scholarships 2019/2020 at University of Pretoria, the following eligibility conditions apply;
- Law students (LLM option): Applicants must have a degree allowing access to the legal profession
- Non-law students (MPhil option): Applicants must have an Honours degree in a discipline relevant to human rights and democratisation
- Applicants must have excellent academic credentials and demonstrate human rights experience or interest;
- Women, as well as members of minority groups such as indigenous people, LGBTI persons and persons with disabilities, are particularly encouraged to apply.
Note: Partially or fully self-funded students are also encouraged to apply for this programme.
Application Procedure for the MSc Scholarships 2019/2020 at University of Pretoria:
All applications for these scholarships are to be done online.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should proceed through the link provided to apply for the scholarship.
Application Deadline: 30 June 2019