PhD Position 2019 at A-WEAR European Joint Doctorate network in Finland
About: Tampere University in Finland is inviting applications for the PhD Position 2019 Within A-WEAR European Joint Doctorate network for the 2019/2020 academic session.
Applications are invited for a full-time PhD student position (called Early Stage Researchers or ESR) for joint and double PhD degrees for 36 months. The position is offered within the A-WEAR European Joint Doctorate action of the highly appreciated EU-funded Marie Skłodowska Curie grants. We offer high-class training and the possibility of PhD graduation with a double or joint PhD certificate.
A-WEAR is an international, multidisciplinary and multi-sectoral training network and joint doctorate programme on wearable computing. A-WEAR is funded by the European Union’s Horizon2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Skłodowska Curie grant agreement No. 813278.
- The applicant must be in possession of the Master of Science (MSc) diploma in a relevant field, such as computer science, communication engineering or computer engineering.
- Transnational mobility: The ESR is required to undertake trans-national mobility (i.e. move from one country to another) when taking up their appointment.
- Early-Stage Researchers (ESRs)/fresh MSc graduates: All researchers recruited in A-WEAR must have maximum 4 years equivalent research experience after completing their first MSc and have not been awarded any doctoral degree at the date of the employment.
- Background requirements: the applicant must be in possession of Master of Science (MSc) diploma in a relevant field, such as electrical engineering, communications engineering, software engineering/computer science, signal processing, radio communications, mathematics, physics, aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, biomedical engineering, etc.
- English language requirements: English certificate with sufficient level according to Tampere University rules is MANDATORY for this position.
Value of the Scholarship
- The position is fully funded for a 36-month period in Tampere University, Finland.
- You can complement your experience within periods of up to 15 months of cross-country and industrial secondments by working with the highly committed industrial partners.
- The ESR will receive a Living Allowance and a Mobility allowance (i.e., gross salary) in accordance with H2020 MSCA rules.
- ESRs who have a family (spouse and/or children) will also receive a family allowance, also according to H2020 MSCA rules.
- Details about the approximate gross salary per country are given at each position.
- We emphasize that the salary of each ESR is very competitive and it is at levels corresponding to postdoctoral students (or higher) at each employment unit.
- The salaries are adjusted to the living costs in the countries of each of the participant units, according to H2020 MSCA rules.
How to Apply
- The candidates must submit through https://a-wear.uji.es/online-application/candidates_esr01 the followings;
- Certified copies of the bachelor’s and master’s degree certificates and the transcripts with official translations into English
- A Diploma Supplement (DS)as approved by the EU Commission for degrees completed in European universities (when applicable)
- Curriculum Vitae/CV(preferably in Europass format)
- List of publications (if any)
- References: minimum 2 reference letters to be attached to the application and contact details of 2 or more referees included in the CV
- Motivation letter: maximum 1 page where you introduce yourself and present your qualifications; you may include also your previous research fields and main research results. Please emphasize your future goals career-wise
- A short essay called “Dissertation Proposal” (max 2 pages) explaining how you would address the research objectives mentioned at the position you apply for.
- Copy of the passport.
- Proof of residence: Statement (use template available at https://a-wear.uji.es/online-application/candidates/template/residence5yearscert.docx) and certificates/documents demonstrating your residence(s) in the last 5 years
Deadline: Application closes June 22, 2019. 20:00 – Europe/Athens