The United States Embassy Awards, a cornerstone of the US Government‘s development
assistance program for International Students, provide access to postgraduate education, training and professional
There are two categories of Awards:
US Embassy Awards Scholarships. to undertake higher degree studies in Australia at Masters level.
And US Embassy Awards Short Courses. to undertake short-term, targeted professional training courses, in the United States and/or in Africa, in a range of development-focused sectors.
Offered Annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: All countries
To be taken at: United States Universities.
Type: Undergraduates,Masters and short courses
Eligibility: Varies by country (see link below for specific country eligibility criteria)
You must be at least 18 and not more than 35 years of age at the date of your application.
You must have at least three (3) years’ relevant post graduate work experience. This work experience must be in a role relevant to your proposed field of study and to your employment organization type(e.g. public sector applicants should demonstrate public sector work experience, and so on). Preference will be given to candidates with greater periods of experience.
Undergraduate Scholarship: Check the link below
Number of Scholarships: Up to 10,000.
Sponsors: US Embassy Awards. an initiative of the United States Government
To Apply : https://ng.usembassy.gov/education-culture/study-usa/
The mission is to assist talented and determined, low-income students who are good candidates for financial assistance from CANADA colleges and universities but lack the financial resources to cover the up-front cost of obtaining admission.
The Canada Embassy will work closely through their representatives with students regularly scheduled meetings and seminars to assist them throughout the application process to secure admission and scholarships to attend colleges and universities in the Canada. The cost for application process is sponsored, including registration fees for required standardized examinations and provides free membership to the Canada Education.
- The University Composition Fee at the appropriate rate*
- A maintenance allowance for a single student ($14,900 for 12 months at the 2018-19 rate; pro rata for courses shorter than 12 months)
- One economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course
- Inbound visa costs & the cost of the Immigration Health Surcharge
About the scholarship
- Academic development funding – from $500 to $2,000, dependent on the length of your course, to attend conferences and courses.
- Family allowance – up to $10,120 for a first child and up to $4,320 for a second child (2018 – 19 rate). No funding is provided for a partner.
- Fieldwork – you may apply to keep up to your normal maintenance allowance while on fieldwork as part of your Ph.D. (the Trust does not fund other field work costs as these should be funded by the University Composition Fee).
- Hardship funding – for unforeseen difficulties
- Maternity/Paternity funding – should you require it, you may apply to intermit your studies for up to 6 months and continue to receive your maintenance allowance during this time
- Some fourth year funding for Ph.D. Scholars may be provided
- A citizen of any country outside the Canada
- Applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study:
- Ph.D. (three-year research-only degree)
- MSc or MLitt (two-year research-only degree)
- One year postgraduate course (e.g. MPhil, LLM, MASt, Diploma, MBA etc.)
Application Deadline: November 10th, 2019
How To Apply:
- Fill up the online applications for scholarship programs on this platform.
- Upload your transcripts form to the online application.
- write a statement of purpose.This should convey your interest,academic qualification and your goals.
- Submit the application online when all the necessary documents required are completed.
USA PRESIDENTIAL SCHOLARSHIP – Donald Trump Approves Fully Government Sponsored Scholarships For International Students(undergraduates/MBA/Postgraduates)In USA Universities
The President of the United States, Donald Trump, has approved the Scholarship of the US Embassy
knowing fully well that there are many talented and low-income students in Africa who only require
financial resources and access to information to improve their educational future.
For some years, the Embassy of the United States seeks to identify academically qualified and highly
motivated, low-income students in Africa to join Education in the United States.
The mission is to help talented and determined, low-income students who are good candidates for
financial assistance from colleges and universities in the United States, but lack the financial resources to
cover the cost of obtaining admission.
The Embassy of the United States will work closely through its representatives with regularly scheduled
meetings and seminars to help them during the application process to ensure admission and scholarships
to attend institutes and universities in the United States. The cost of the application process is sponsored,
including enrollment fees for the required standardized tests and provides membership in US education.
Undergraduate applicants :
Attach a copy of the WAEC “O” level results (from the WAEC website). Include Cambridge A’Level or IGSCE
results if applicable or available.
Attach a copy of the results of your last year and the results of the degrees (if available)
Postgraduate applicants: provide the details of a professor, professor or department head (HOD) who You
can get in touch to get more information about yourself.
25th April 2019
HOW TO APPLY
Interested/qualified candidates must apply using the link provided on the website.
NB: Please send all documents to this website provided with the appropriate titles by applying online.