Presidents PhD Scholarships 2019 at Imperial College London
Scholarship Description : Presidents PhD Scholarships 2019 – If you are a high performing undergraduate or Master’s student and have a strong desire to undertake a PhD programme at a world class research institution, you could be selected to receive full tuition fees and a generous stipend for a PhD place at Imperial College London. The President’s PhD Scholarships aims to provide up to 50 research students with great potential the opportunity to work within their chosen research field with the support of an excellent supervisor.
Imperial College London, UK
Level/Field of Study
Eligible PhD Programmes offered at the University
Number of Awards
Students of any nationality
Successful candidates will receive the following financial support for up to 3.5 years:
- Full funding for tuition fees
- A stipend of £21,200 per annum to assist with living costs
- A consumables fund of £2,000 per annum for the first 3 years of study
- A programme of bespoke opportunities and events delivered by the Graduate School
- Applications are accepted from talented candidates from Imperial College London, the UK and worldwide. There are no restrictions on nationality.
- Candidates must be among the highest achievers in their undergraduate cohort, and in receipt of, or due to receive a first class UK degree or equivalent.
- Candidates with a standalone Master’s qualification must have achieved a distinction or, where this has yet to have been achieved, be able to provide evidence of high performance that will lead to a distinction. They must also hold a first class UK undergraduate degree or equivalent (integrated Masters that form part of an undergraduate degree, e.g. MEng, MSci, M.Math, are assessed by Admissions as an undergraduate qualification when determining eligibility). Candidates with multiple standalone Master’s qualifications must have achieved a distinction in the one most relevant to their PhD study.
- Candidates with degrees from overseas institutions are strongly urged to determine if their scores/grades are equivalent to the relevant eligibility criteria.
- Prior to applying candidates must have made contact with a supervisor in an academic department at Imperial College London who has agreed to supervise their research project. Please note that supervisors are limited to supervise one scholar at any time. Please review the President’s PhD Scholarships – Unavailable Supervisors page for more information. Please note: current registered Imperial PhD students are not eligible to be considered for a President’s PhD Scholarship. The scheme is only open to new PhD applications.
The cutoff dates for decisions are 9 November 2019, 18 January 2020, and 22 March 2020.
Study in: UK
Course starts Aug-Nov 2019
Applications are currently closed.
There is not a specific scholarship application form. You should submit your application for admission to study at Imperial through the online admissions system and your department will put you forward for the scholarship based on academic merit and potential.
Applications put forward for this scholarship scheme will be considered throughout the academic year.
Description: The TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship is for young scientists from developing countries (other than Thailand) who wish to pursue advanced research in the biotechnology at the National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (BIOTEC) in Thailand.
BIOTEC will provide a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation and food.
TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme Details.
- TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable in BIOTEC and its affiliated research units for a period of twelve (12) to twenty-four (24) months and are awarded to young scientists from developing countries (other than Thailand) to enable them to pursue advanced research in biotechnology.
- BIOTEC is seeking 3 positions for postdoctoral researchers in the areas of molecular biology, molecular genetics, biotechnology, proteomics, metabolomics, molecular Immunology, biochemistry, medical technology, cell culture technology, and bioprocess technology. For full details of the positions click HERE.
- BIOTEC will provide a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation and food.
- The language of instruction is English.
Eligibility For TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme .
- Applicants should be nationals of a developing country (other than Thailand).
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Thailand or any developed country.
- Hold a PhD degree in any of the following fields: molecular biology, molecular genetics, biotechnology, proteomics, metabolomics, molecular Immunology, biochemistry, medical technology, cell culture technology, and bioprocess technology or related disciplines;
- Mmeet the requirements of the 3 postdoctoral postions available at BIOTEC and its research units. For full details of the positions click here.
- Apply for the fellowship within THREE years of having obtained a PhD degree in a fields of the natural sciences specified above.
- Must not be more than 40 years old by the date of the submission of their application. NB. For instance, if an applicant turns 40 on 15 June, s/he should make sure not to submit the application later than 15 June.
be regularly employed at a research and/or teaching institution in their home country where they must hold a research assignment.
- Provide an official Acceptance Letter from BIOTEC. Requests for acceptance must be directed to the BIOTEC Research Support Division (e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org) who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor. In contacting BIOTEC, applicants must accompany their request for an Acceptance Letter with copy of: their CV, a research proposal outline, doctorate degree transcript, abstract of dissertation, a statement of intent and three recommendation letters.
- Provide evidence of proficiency in English, if the medium of instruction was not English.
- Provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship
- Not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship
- Be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
Method of Application for TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme.
- The deadline to apply is 30 June 2019.
- Applicants should submit the Acceptance Letter from the BIOTEC Research Support Division to TWAS and BIOTEC when applying or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection.
- Applications for the TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme can ONLY be submitted via the online portal. A tutorial on how to use the online application form is available below for download.
- Please be advised that applicants may apply for only one programme per calendar year in the TWAS and OWSD portfolio. Applicants will not be eligible to visit another institution in that year under the TWAS Visiting Professor programmes. One exception: The head of an institution who invites an external scholar to share his/her expertise under the TWAS Visiting Professor programmes may still apply for another programme.
Edith Cowan College is propelling the Prostate Malignant growth Survivorship PhD PositionsProgram for committed analysts.
Global researchers who are seeking after a PhD program are met all requirements for this cooperation. This financing help will give them an awesome chance to engaging their profession.
Edith Cowan University is an Australian state-funded college situated in Perth, Western Australia. ECU is arranged in Western Australia, with in excess of 30,000 students at undergraduate and postgraduate dimension, roughly 6,000 of whom are universal understudies starting from more than 100 nations outside Australia.
Why at Edith Cowan University? The ECU is always emphasis on instructing and research roused by commitment and associations with those in the numerous networks we were built up to serve.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2019
How to Apply
- How to apply: If you have an inclination towards this education award then you are needed to apply for a Ph.D. programme at the college. After getting affirmation in the course programme, you are granted to access this fellowship.
- Supporting Documents: In the event to grasp this education award, you will have to present few documents such as CV, research proposal, writing sample, 2 letters of recommendation, and supporting statement along with your application form.
- Admission Requirements: For being admitted in this program, candidates are requested to have a master’s degree qualification.
- Language Requirement: Simply having basic information in the English language isn’t sufficient yet applicants are required to have proficiency in speaking and composing aptitudes in this language.
- Candidates, who have a desire to be a part of this honor, must be occupied with a Ph.D. degree programme having the specialization in the field of exercise oncology and prostate cancer.
- Along with this qualification, there is no nationality hindrance to be empowered for this grant.
This funding education will cover a stipend of $27,000 per annum for up to three years, paid fortnightly via electronic funds transfer.
PhD Studentship in Independent Train maintenance and Support for UK/EU Understudies, 2019
Searching for a way that features your one of a kind research abilities? Uplifting news! Brunel College is inviting UK and EU contender to apply for the PhD Studentship in Independent Train maintenance and Upkeep.
The program is open to the brilliant PhD candidate for the full-time PhD research project in Autonomous Systems for Train Servicing at the College of Engineering, Design and Physical Sciences.
Founded in 1966, Brunel University London organized into three colleges and three major research institutes. It is known as a British plate glass university. It has an important national reference point for providers of UK university degrees and ranked as the 93rd best university worldwide.
Why at Brunel University London? While studying at this university, candidates can get excellence and bring benefits for their future career. It gives students an opportunity to work with Research Institutes and Research Centers to build active chapters across the world.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2019
- Eligible Countries: UK and EU students
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible for this fund, must have a first degree at or equivalent to 2:1 or above in a suitable engineering discipline, mechanical engineering, design engineering, physics, or similar. A Master’s level qualification is desirable but not essential.
- Applicant must also be eligible for home tuition fees and demonstrable practical engineering ability through project work. Relevant experience in autonomous systems or mechatronics is an advantage. In addition, he/she should be highly motivated, able to work in a team and have good communication skills.
How to Apply
- How to apply: If you are willing to apply for this bursary then you are required to take admission in a PhD degree coursework at the university. After taking affirmation, applicants can apply for the award by sending the supporting documents to the email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Supporting Documents: Must send the up-to-date CV, single A4 page, single-spaced personal statement setting out why they are interested in undertaking this project, degree certificate(s) and transcript(s) confirming that they have a first degree at or equivalent to 2:1 or above in a suitable engineering discipline, evidence of English language capability to IELTS 6.5 or equivalent, names and contact details for two academic referees.
- Admission Requirements: For being enrolled in a PhD course, the aspirant needs to have research experiences, courses, or projects that have prepared them for doctoral study.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must have to achieve a minimum recognized English language qualification to study at the University of Brunel.
The successful grantee will receive an annual stipend of £17,009 with payment of their full-time home tuition fees for a period of 36 months.
The University of Nantes is putting forth Eiffel Greatness Grant to seek after PhD degree program in the field of Financial aspects, Law and Political Theory. The give is accessible for worldwide understudies.
For a PhD program, the Eiffel grant is conceded for a most extreme time of a year, that can be part more than 3 date-book years.
Candidates whose first language isn’t English are typically required to give proof of camba in francepability in English at the more elevated amount required by the College.
The reason for this application is to help worldwide understudies to examine PhD degree program.
Université de Nantes offers the understudies to rehearse in excess of 50 unique games, regardless of whether it is for aggressive or recreational purposes.
• Application Deadline: December 7, 2019
• Course Level: award is available to pursue a PhD degree program.
• Eligible Countries: award is available for international students.
• Entrance Requirement: Applicant must meet the following criteria|:
1. Foreign students only.
2. No older than 35 years old during the 2019 call for applications; born after March 1983.
3. Not having another scholarship from the French government.
4. First time Eiffel PhD scholarship applicants only (previous PhD applicants are not eligible, but students who have already been awarded an Eiffel funding for a Master’s degree program are eligible to apply for the PhD scholarship).
5. Joint supervision or dual enrolment in partnership with a foreign higher education establishment.
6. Sufficient language skills.
7. Eligible PhD program (see the list of eligible fields of study).
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply
If you satisfy the eligibility requirements above and you wish to apply for the Eiffel funding for your PhD program under joint supervision or dual enrolment at University de Nantes, please contact the International Relations Office for more information.
Curtin University in Australia invites applications from suitably qualified engineering graduates around the globe for their Engineering Scholarships in Australia, 2019. The scholarships are aimed at international graduate students with excellent academic records, who wish to pursue their higher degree studies in Australia and chooses Curtin University as their destination institution
Scholarship eligibility and selection requirements:
- Applicant must have a bachelor degree in Civil Engineering or related fields.
- Applicants must have the following requirements; (IELTS, Overall 6.5, Speaking, Writing, Reading and Listening 6.0 or TOEFL, Overall 79, Reading, 13, Listening 13, Speaking 18, and Writing 21).
- Applicants who have Master degrees with technical publications and research experiences in earthquake engineering, fluid dynamics, and stochastic dynamic analyses are eligible.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): Curtin University, Australia.
- Scholarship Type: Fully funded Scholarships
- Scholarship level: Scholarships for Postgraduate Research Students (Masters and PhD)
- Slots: Not stated
- Scholarship Worth: Not stated, but covers full tuition and other academic expenses
- Subject Eligibility: Scholarships obtainable at Faculty of Engineering of the school.
- Country/Candidate Eligibility: These are scholarships for international students
- English Language Requirement: please refer to scholarship eligibility and selection requirements
Application Format for the Global Engineering Scholarships 2019 at Curtin University:
Note that all applications for the Global Engineering Scholarships 2019 at Curtin University are to be done online by following the link provided. It is quite simple and straight-forward
Interested applicants are advised to send your expression of interest together with required documents via email to Dr. Kaiming Bi (Kaiming.email@example.com).
Submit all your supporting documentation in PDF format, and under 5MB per document. Applicant must attach these documents:
- Personal CV
- English testing score
Application Deadline: June 30, 2019
The mission is to assist talented and determined, low-income students who are good candidates for financial assistance from CANADA colleges and universities but lack the financial resources to cover the up-front cost of obtaining admission.
The Canada Embassy will work closely through their representatives with students regularly scheduled meetings and seminars to assist them throughout the application process to secure admission and scholarships to attend colleges and universities in the Canada. The cost for application process is sponsored, including registration fees for required standardized examinations and provides free membership to the Canada Education.
- The University Composition Fee at the appropriate rate*
- A maintenance allowance for a single student ($14,900 for 12 months at the 2018-19 rate; pro rata for courses shorter than 12 months)
- One economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course
- Inbound visa costs & the cost of the Immigration Health Surcharge
About the scholarship
- Academic development funding – from $500 to $2,000, dependent on the length of your course, to attend conferences and courses.
- Family allowance – up to $10,120 for a first child and up to $4,320 for a second child (2018 – 19 rate). No funding is provided for a partner.
- Fieldwork – you may apply to keep up to your normal maintenance allowance while on fieldwork as part of your Ph.D. (the Trust does not fund other field work costs as these should be funded by the University Composition Fee).
- Hardship funding – for unforeseen difficulties
- Maternity/Paternity funding – should you require it, you may apply to intermit your studies for up to 6 months and continue to receive your maintenance allowance during this time
- Some fourth year funding for Ph.D. Scholars may be provided
- A citizen of any country outside the Canada
- Applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study:
- Ph.D. (three-year research-only degree)
- MSc or MLitt (two-year research-only degree)
- One year postgraduate course (e.g. MPhil, LLM, MASt, Diploma, MBA etc.)
Application Deadline: November 10th, 2019
How To Apply:
- Fill up the online applications for scholarship programs on this platform.
- Upload your transcripts form to the online application.
- write a statement of purpose.This should convey your interest,academic qualification and your goals.
- Submit the application online when all the necessary documents required are completed.