Interested individuals are invited to apply for the Queen’s Commonwealth Trust Scholarship 2019/2020 For One Young World Summit in UK. The scholarship is put together to help young people from developing nations within the Commonwealth circle.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): Queen’s Commonwealth Trust Foundation.
- Scholarship Type: Full Scholarships
- Scholarship level: All levels
- Slots: Not Stated
- Scholarship Worth: Not specified
- Subject Eligibility: See About the Program
- Country/Candidate Eligibility: Scholarships are for nationals of Commonwealth Nations (specific country eligibility is stated within this post).
- English Language Requirement: Not a necessary requirement.
About the Program:
The Commonwealth is a family of nations and people, built around shared language, institutions, challenges, aspirations and values. With a combined population of 2.4 billion, the 53 countries making up the Commonwealth are home to nearly 1/3 of the world’s population, 60% of whom are under 30. From the Antigua & Barbuda to Zambia, young people across the Commonwealth are at the forefront of positive change in their communities, countries and world at large.
The Scholarship in particular seeks to support young leaders who are active in one of the following areas:
- Achieving change through sport
- Preserving and protecting the environment
- Creating healthier communities
- Increasing access to quality education
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be eligible for the Queen’s Commonwealth Trust Scholarship 2019/2020 For One Young World Summit in UK, the following eligibility conditions apply;
- Applicants should be between the ages of 18 – 30
- Have an evidenced commitment to delivering positive change in at least one of the following areas:
- Demonstrate capacity for leadership
- Are addressing key local and/or global issues in your work
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas
Antigua and Barbuda
Kingdom of eSwatini
Papua New Guinea
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago
United Republic of Tanzania
Queen’s Commonwealth Trust Scholarship Benefits.
The scholarship provides:
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2019 in London, the United Kingdom.
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 22 October and 25 October 2019.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit hand-outs and support materials.
- The cost of travel to and from London. Your flight to and from London must depart from and return to one and the same international airport.
Application Procedure for the Queen’s Commonwealth Trust Scholarship 2019/2020 For One Young World Summit in UK:
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the through the link provided or visit the official scholarship page.
Application deadline: 5 May, 2019